Born: 1782 or 1786 - Eastern Virginia Christened: Died: 12 March 1857 - Harrison Co., Virginia Buried: - Joseph Nichols Graveyard, Lang Property, Elk District
Marriage: 12 June 1815 - Botetourt Co, Virginia
1. Entered Militia: Pattonsburg, Bottetourt, County VA, 16 February 1814.
2. Honorable discharge: Camp Norfolk, VA, 16 April 1814.
3. In Botetourt 1830 Cencus: Location in Virginia, 15 April 1830, Botetourt Co, VA.
4. Botetourt Financial Assessment included John Walker: Location in Virginia, 1835, Botetourt Co, VA.
5. Daugher Married in Harrison County: Location in Virginia, 1839, Harrison Co, Virginia.
6. In Harrision Co 1840 Cencus: Location in Virginia, 1840, Harrison Co, Virginia.
7. Willed Land by Wm Blair: Land on Muzzie Run, 1847, muzzie Run near Suds Run, Harrison County.
8. In Harrision Co 1850 Cencus: Location In Virginia, 1850, Harrison Co, Virginia.
9. Applied for bounty Land: Bounty Land Application in Harrison County, 1850, Harrison Co, Virginia.
10. Applied for bounty Land a 2nd time: Bounty Land Application, 1854, Harrison Co, Virginia.
11. Sold land to son William: Land sale, 1855, Elks Creek, Harrison County, VA.
Born: 30 November 1789 - Bototourt Co., Virginia Christened: Died: 23 August 1855 - Ten Mile, Harrison Co., Virginia Buried: 24 August 1855 - Harrison Co., Virginia/Nichols Graveyard, Elk District, Lang Properity
Father: John B. DOUGLASS (1760-1830) Mother: Nancy BOLLER (1768-Abt 1805)
Other Spouse: John JAMISON ( -Bef 1815)
Born: - Pattonsburg, Virginia Christened: Died: Buried: Spouse: Jacob PAUGH ( - ) Marr: 17 August 1839 - Harrison Co, WV
Born: Abt 1819 - Pattonsburg, Virginia Christened: Died: Buried: Spouse: Hiram HICKMAN ( - ) Marr: 4 May 1849 - Harrison Co, WV
Born: 11 April 1825 - Virginia Or Penn. Christened: Died: 6 January 1887 - Benson, Harrison Co, W.V. Buried: - Mt. Lebanon Cemetary, Benson, W.V. Spouse: Sarah Jane PATTON (1825-1902) Marr: 16 December 1848 - Benson/Good Hope, W.V.
Born: 1827 - Pattonsburg, Virginia Christened: Died: Buried:
Born: 1840 - Pattonsburg, Virginia Christened: Died: Buried:
Born: 1849 Christened: Died: Buried:
The cencus of 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850 all have Reuben of an age that would calculate his birth year as 1786. His grave stone and county death record records him age 76 which would put him at 1782.
Information on death record - Male, White, Died of Pneunonia, at age 76,
Born Eastern Virginia, Farmner, Married, Information provided by Hiram
The following is from research records:
Aug 17, 1839 Jacob Paugh and Mary Jane Walker Married (find in Cencus)
In 1840 Cencus Reuben was in Harrison Co, near Noah Hickman age 30-40,
Lewis Hickman age 30-40, Arthor Hickman age 60> wife 50-60, Jeramiah Paugh
30-40, Jacob Paugh age 40-50 wife 40-50.
March 4, 1847 - Willed land on Muzzies Run by Willim M Blair. Thomas J
Sullivan lives on it.
Hiram Hickman married Reuben's daughter, Arline Caroline on May 4, 1849.
In 1850 Cencus was in District No 22. On same page was Elias Hickman age
32, Wife Elizabeth age 27, women Margaret age 64.
Death record shows Born in Eastern Virginia. His death record was
provided by Hiram Hickman.
John. C Hickman held a note at Reubens death for $57.50.
List of credit (payments) from estate July 31, 1857:
Isaac F Raudolph 4.23, John Harvey Coffin....jch 18, AI Martin 2, FW
JR Davis .50, Elias Hickman 20, IH Harris for Toubstones 11, WB Paugh
Gaimes U Blair 4.53, Hiram Hickman 30, Charles Lewis 1.84, Abraham Wolf
Lloyd Laucedes 1.38, Note to WU Blair 20.37.
List of account Sept 12, 1858:
"Expense in attending trial of Elias Hickman. Amount paid Joseph Walker
distributee and purchase of J. Mitchell & D Lewis claim as distributrees
Death Record Clarksburg Court House Book 1, Page 8, Line 23. Died of
Dysenty. Shows mothers name was Nancy not Ann. Either might be middle. Last Modified: 13 July 2008